Monday, August 17, 2009

My List

My sister-in-law suggested that I post my list of 26 things. I toyed with the idea for awhile because some of the things on my list are probably not going to happen and others are very personal. But seeing as very few people actually read this I thought what the heck.
I have probably always been a goal setter. I am sort of obsessive about it. Although this is probably the first time I have ever publicized my goals, I used to post a few goals each semester on my bathroom mirror. Usually I'm not too bad accomplishing them either.
So how it happened... A friend of mine decided to make a list of 30 things she wanted to do before she was 30. I thought it would be fun to make a list of goals to do this year (26 for 26). So without further delay here is my list.


26 for 26
1. Visit New Zealand and Australia (I leave in less than 2 weeks...YEAH!)
2. Learn to play the guitar (I already had my first performance of sorts at my roommates jam night. I played a few chords as Danny jammed some serious guitar magic. I'm still working on this.)
3. Learn to skateboard (Really I want to long board anyone want to help?)
4. Get a new job (I started working for LACO in May. This was the first thing checked off my list.)
5. Read all the conference talks - April & October 2009
6. Visit all the National Parks in Utah (Sadly this probably won't happen, not enough weekends.)
7. Bike 2 Century Rides (Finished! MS & ULCER)
8. Climb Mt Olympus, Mt Nebo & Lone Peak (Mt Olympus check...still hopes for others)
9. Hike Donut Falls (Check...add to list moose encounter... double check)
10. Learn Adobe In Design & Illustrator
11. Type Grandma Berger’s life story (I have started and can I say my Grandma is amazing!)
12. Read the Book of Mormon (This is what I call a maintenance goal.)
13. Hold a current temple recommend (Check)
14. Have a meaningful relationship
15. Conquer sleep (Seriously difficult, I can't get out of bed in the mornings. Life long goal!)
16. Read Jesus the Christ
17. Be able to do 5 pull ups without jumping (Don't laugh)
18. Be able to do 10 man push ups (Man push ups are defined as on toes, not knees)
19. Compete in 2 triathlons (This started out as 1, but it was so much fun I changed it to 2)
20. Learn 10 new Hymns
21. Visit Gilgal Gardens - http://www.gilgalgarden.org/
22. Go on 3 backpacking trips (Also sadly may not happen)
23. Mountain bike slick rock
24. Cross slackline, turn and return without falling (I'm half way there)
25. Give out 3 Book of Mormons
26. Read Preach My Gospel

So there is my list. As you can tell there are probably too many things to accomplish, but at least I have started check things off.

1 comment:

  1. I love your list! It makes me want to type one up for myself. Perhaps it will have to be "35 things to do before I turn 35." I'll think about it.

    By the way, I can help you get to know Adobe InDesign. I know it fairly well, and I have it on my laptop. Let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete