Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring means...

Spring means bikes, sunshine, lunches outside and slacklining. This week has been a awesome. Monday I took a short ride up City Creek Canyon before heading to FHE where we competed in FHE Olympics. My team took silver in the 4 man bobsled (basically Tricia and I sat on a blank as Tyler and Mike pulled us around...we were fast 16.21 sec). I also took the gold medal in the girls elimination basketball game. Bishop was a little surprised at my win, later he told me my first shoot was so terrible he thought I would get out very quickly...thanks Bish.

Photo from slackline last year
Tuesday started with me attempting a after work run, which end after only 20 minutes because my knee still hurts from Sunday's 18 mile run. But luckily it was still light outside and I decided we needed to slackline. My friend Jon set up his line and after dragging some friends down there we got on the line for the first time this year. It was awesome and I was happy to see most of what I worked on last year had stuck.
Wednesday was another beautiful day. I grabbed me some lunch and headed to Sugarhouse park for so much need me time. I used a crash pad left in my car from the weekend's climbing trip as my blanket. I think it would be a good idea to get a weekly park lunch together with my friends.
Yeah for sun
But what always happens with spring in Utah beautiful days don't last long. Today's forecast...rain. But I am happy to report that the sun will return Saturday.  Cheers to another great Utah spring.  Good on ya sun.

1 comment:

  1. The weather keeps teasing us with visions of spring. I am so glad you are already enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete