Friday, September 25, 2009

Family Names


Last night I went to the temple with my friend Danny and Jannifer to do baptisms. They both have special underwear so they can go anywhere they want, but I'm stuck in the basement (for now).
Most of the time I go we just walk in and do temple names, but this time my mom had given me some family names. It was super cool to do the baptismal ordinance for family. Because I'm kind of a dork, I put the names in order of my favorites. Just a reminder I knew nothing about these individuals beyond the birth date (1767 thru 1817), where they lived (Austria) and their name. But I still felt compelled to classify them.
First was "Eleonara Altmann." I really loved her name, Eleonara, therefore she was my favorite and I wanted her to be baptized first. Next was "Alzbete Benisek." Her name was the strangest so she got to go next. Then came "Rosina or Zofie Benisek." Who couldn't love someone that you were a little unsure of their name. Next came the Maria Anna's. First "Maria Anna Novak" then "Anna Maria Altmann." I just liked that their names were flipped.
My family is pretty cool I would say. I hope they enjoyed my little game last night and that no one was offended. Maybe they will find amusement with my name. Because really is it Annette or Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment