Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Toy


I almost bought a mountain bike last year, but decided at the last second to wait. A few weeks ago I was telling a friend that I wanted to get a mountain bike this year and surprise he had one he was willing to sell. We made the trade yesterday and I took it out for its first ride (with a new owner) last night.
The Bike: Kona Four. 2 yrs old, full suspension cross country bike with disc brakes. I am not a bike wiz, but I think it is a good starter bike.
The First Ride: Bonneville Shoreline Trail (the section by City Creek Canyon...its close to my house). There was still some snow in spots, but mostly it was melted. The rain the day before made for a few muddy sections that caked my tires (totally awesome). The ride home was fun almost as much fun as being on the trail. Mud was flying off my tires and I was laughing so hard. I wanted to smile, but every time I started to open my mouth a chunk of mud came flying at my face. My bike looked respectfully broken in by the time I got home.
First bike ride for the year and I was surprisingly tired afterward, but I was too happy to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment