Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goblins of Death

Sweet Pic of Goblin Valley

Last weekend we headed down to Goblin Valley State Park for some good old fashion clean (or should I say dirty...we were camping you know) fun.  It was a great weekend that ended with DEATH.  Well not real death, but maybe just death of Goblin fun.
We are cute

After 2 great hikes thru Little Wild Horse and Ding & Dang we headed into the state park for some romping around in the goblins.  This is where "The Incident" occurred.  Our dear friend Matt slipped and fell while he was trying to climb on a tall goblin.  He fell a total of 20 feet when is fall was finally stopped by his face meeting the red soil.  Luckily he survived (told you there wasn't real death).  He left soon after Tyler cleaned him up and headed to SLC and the hospital for some stitches.  The death part is when after witnessing "the incident" none of us felt much like romping thru the goblins anymore.  We headed back to camp and chatted around the campfire.  The End.  Enjoy the pics from Talena and Mike.

Little scouts, tight canyon, London Bridges

Tbone loves hiking

Little Wild Horse aka Awesome slot canyon

Hiking Ding & Dang (this is Ding)


We think we are funny

Hiking Ding & Dang (this is Dang)

We had to do hardcore stuff like this to climb out of Dang

Valley of the Goblins

Yoga in goblin

Matt getting medical attention

Poor guy but still hardcore

Family photo (minus one of the Mikes)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your friend. But other than his mishap, it looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm trying to figure out why I didn't take more advantage of the beautiful Utah parks while I lived there. hmmm. I think I've learned my lesson. I can't wait to get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of how much you get to take advantage of living in Europe. I'm excited to visit. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete