Thursday, October 21, 2010

Much needed outdoor adventure

Beautiful
Life with school has been great, but it has also left little time for me to get outside.  This weekend I had a much needed outdoor adventure and an overall relaxing weekend. 
My friend Matt has a friend Matt who has a cabin in Wyoming (yes it can be confusing).  It was their yearly fall cabin trip and Talena and I were invited up to play.  Ashley couldn't make it but we bought her a little something to let her know we were thinking about her (aren't we good roommates).

Yep! I'm no good at this game
After I struggled to change some bike tires, we hit the road.  Driving 2.5 hours up into Wyoming we were welcomed to the cabin by fireworks.  Ok so the fireworks weren't for us, but it was a nice treat to see when we arrived. We meet all the cabin guests and spent the evening playing games and watching movies.
Saturday morning we woke up to the smell of bacon and Beth's delicious buttermilk syrup (don't worry we got the recipe).  After a hearty breakfast and a few games of speed we hit the mountain bike trail.  Our trail was a little made up. Our motto was "run the river not the race."  Apparently, Smitty is a big kayaker and that is his slogan.  It was a fun trail and we even got to bushwhack it after we got off the trail somewhere.  This made it a real adventure as we carefully maneuvered our bikes around logs and ducked below branches.  Even the last quarter mile trekking our bikes across the muddy shore of the reservoir was fun despite the fact that our shoes and bike tires were covered in thick clay mud.
I needed a little relaxing when we got back to the cabin so I curled up with a blanket and sat out on the porch reading a book.  It was a really chilly (by my girl standards) afternoon so it was nice to have a big quilt wrapped around me.

Smitty discovered the "sexy" All Spark (Transformers)

Great little trail thru the woods

Our adventure group

But too much seating gets boring so we headed back out to do a little shooting.  Apparently, years ago I was good just one time and never again.  I got 3 clay pigeons in 15 shots.  Oh well, it was fun.
A night of movies and games followed.  FYI, I am really bad at playing "Ticket to Ride" so you can play it with me if you like winning, because you are sure to do it playing against me.

Tires and shoes covered in mud, Matt gave up and carried his bike

Beautiful 2

So what did I make of this weekend adventure.  I love variety.  I have missed the outdoors.  I don't like to seat around for long, but it is nice when I do.

Mountain biking is good

No comments:

Post a Comment