Monday, October 11, 2010

Art Project #3

I finally got to use color in a project.  I must not get too excited because this is one of the only projects I can do that in so I don't want it to go to my head.

Project Details:
Choose from industrial object, animal or plant and create a segmented drawing.  Continuously enlarge the object until it is no longer recognizable and is just shapes.  Only on the final design can color be used (black & white are not considered colors in our class for design purposes).

My Design:
I decided to use a desk lamp for my design because I suck at drawing animals and plants (except maybe a daisy or a bird that looks like an 'm').  The project was fun.  I got to use this old fashion, but really fun, projector at school to enlarge my design.
For my final design I use dark navy as the background color and varying shades of blue to highlight my focal point - yellow. 
I am fairly happy with how it turned out, but figuring out the colors were a nightmare.  We couldn't use a computer so I had to just experiment with materials I could find.  I decided to use color paper to achieve my color.  I headed to the craft store and thought I had found the perfect color mix.  My original plan was to create a gradient, but the color jump between 2 blues was too drastic and just didn't feel right.  Ultimately, I went with the colors below.

No comments:

Post a Comment