Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Place of my birth (day 2)

Day 2 in Portland started with a beautiful walk down to the Williamette River and to the Portland Saturday Market. We ate fruit and got a breakfast crepe and walked around all the booths. I love craft markets. I bought a t-shirt, ring, purse and even some chocolate. Brian was a little bit better with his money, he didn't buy anything.
We also stopped by Voodoo Doughnuts. This place is doughnut heaven. Doughnut combinations only your 2nd grader mind could dream of, yet so delicious. We got the Voodoo Doll, Bacon Maple Bar (yes this one was mine), Mango Tango, and The Loop. Yummy.
We stood in line for 30 minutes for doughnuts...we are nuts
Sugar dreams
Famous pink box
Voodoo doll, stake included
Bacon love
 (yes I am the girl that like bacon chocolate too)
I think I made one like this when I was little
With our stomachs full of sugar we hopped into the car and headed to Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls. I loved it. The area is so beautiful. We hiked the mile and quarter to the top of the falls and explored a little more before we had to go to the airport. Next trip we will play in the Gorge area more.



Just in case you needed a count-down
Beautiful scenes

11 of 11 (sorry for scratches)


No comments:

Post a Comment