Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bonding Roommate Style

Last Friday night me and the roommates headed out for a little roommate bonding.  The Salt Lake Art Center had a really awesome exhibit and it was FREE.

"The Salt Lake Art Center is exhibiting Contemporary Masters: Artist-Designed Miniature Golf, 18 fully-playable works of contemporary art like you’ve never seen before. Contemporary Masters features original creations by top artists from Utah and around the nation that explore diverse ideas (the current immigration debate, the fragility of personal identity, and the meditative value of Donkey Kong) in equally diverse media, including woven fabrics, video installations, and shredded paper."

My golf skills are scary.  I consistently got the worst score.  It even took me two shots to get a "par 1" hole which was nothing more than hitting the ball and watching it roll down the hill into the hole.  There was really no way you could miss.  Oh I did.  My ball got stuck right next to the hole, but never dropped in.  If I couldn't do this one you can only imagine how I struggled with the rest of them.  There were a couple "Infinity par" holes and a few more that should have been.

One of the Infinity holes
One that should have been
After golf we walked down to the gateway to grab some ice cream.  Talena and I saw some friends from high school which was surprising enjoyable.  Usually I hate this awkward, "What have you been doing since high school?"  "Yep, I'm still single," conversation, but this time it was far less painful. I'd dare say I wouldn't mind actually hanging out with said high school friends. 
Overall, it was a lovely evening.  The best part was that we live so close to everything we walked.  No car needed.  I love living in SLC.
A bonding moment at the SL Art Center

No comments:

Post a Comment