Friday, March 18, 2011

Photo #4 Moves

I had a lot of fun with my fourth assignment, motion. We had to stop action (photo 4) and make an object look like it was in motion. Motion creates some great energy in an image. By using a technique called panning, where you follow the object in motion, you can blur the background while the thing in motion looks crisp (see photo 5). You can also slow the shutter speed and capture the movement of an object while the background stays in sharp focus (photo 1-3). Here is some of my favorites.

My favorite moving object in SLC
(here is a secret... they were hardly moving that night)

I got this by accident which means I really don't know how to repeat it

I'll be honest...I shot this same photo along time ago for my first photo class
so I knew it would turn out how I wanted it.

Erika was so sweet to let me ask her to do this again and again and again

We loving call him Hoopes

1 comment:

  1. Besides the picture of me (which should automatically be entered in to history as the best photo ever taken of me) I really like the one of the Trax train. Kinda makes it looks all future-ish Star Trek like. I may go ride it at lunch just in case they have made that upgrade....

    ReplyDelete