Monday, June 27, 2011

The MS Ride and Number Seven

Half way to completing list item number seven. Saturday was my annual MS ride. This marks year six. I am sure I have talked about it a lot so I will only say this, my riding experiences haven’t always been positive (check out what I'm talking about here and here).
Joni and I at the start of the race

This year was a good one though. I rode with my friend Joni. She is so fun. We rode 40 miles through the beautiful Cache Valley and chatted about travel, boys, bikes, work, boys, bike pains and even tried to come up with names for our team. We have decided next year to create a team in her honor. Joni has MS and has been doing this ride for the last four years.  Next year you might see us sporting our team jerseys for team "Smedium" (sometimes you are not small or medium and you need a in-betweener) or "Hunt for the Cure" (sadly it might be taken) or something else awesome, but definitely not something lame like "Team Joni."
Four years and she still smiles

Six years and counting

Participation medals are the best

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! What an accomplishment!
    Laura Petty

    ReplyDelete