Friday, June 10, 2011

Tri This

Two years ago my friend Marne convinced me to compete in my first ever triathlon the Salem Spring Triathlon. And somehow she was able to convince me again this year. The only photographic evidence we have of the race was the finish line photo from Race Day photography. Marne, Billy and Brian ran with me across the finish line so that we would have a group photo for the event.


It was a really good race. I was disappointed in my swim (again). This time not because I was scared about putting my head in the water, but because I had only gone swimming once before the race and I was just really tired. I was able to make up time with shorter transitions as well as improving my bike and run times to come in overall 2 minutes faster than my previous year's time.
I couldn't have expected better since I only went swimming once, biking a handful of times (mostly mountain biking) and ran a dozen times.  That isn't very good training. I have signed up for an olympic length tri which is double the length of a sprint tri (1 mile swim, 25 mile bike and 6.2 mile run). The olympic tri held at Yuba Lake later this summer will be more difficult and I will have to train.  Therefore, training started Monday and I'm going to be really dedicated to it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to read about/hear about your olympic tri. You will be amazing, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete