Monday, October 26, 2009

What could be better...dancing, guns and slacklines

I have to say I was very happy with my weekend. Friday night my super sexy awesome friend Carrie came to hang out. She used to be a roommate, but now lives near Millcreek and sadly we don't see her very often. Carrie is an amazing person and is so much fun to be around. We went to dinner with friends for a weekly DC (diner club) at the Royal India in Bountiful. I love this place. Dinner was fabulous. The company was great and the food was perfect. After dinner we went over to Chris's warehouse/place of residency to watch an old horror movie, Carnival of Souls.

Check out a trailer on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTz0EvfEiY

The movie was so funny mostly because Talena was the only one getting scared and she jumped every few minutes. After the movie we explored the warehouse. There was some interesting items stored in the warehouse. We found old building letters and proceeded to reenact some Sesame Street reading games. After exploring an impromptu dance party exploded full on with fog and lights. Have to say it was a rocking party for only having 6 people.
We did a little graffiti (we are so wild)


D..D O..DO..DO G..DOG


Saturday started out early with Talena and I heading to REI for the garage sale. This is where all the equipment returned over the last few months is resold to members at reduced prices. REI's return policy is very open, return anything, at anytime, for any reason. So basically if I just don't like it, return it. Which means the garage sales have some pretty awesome gear for cheap. I bought hiking boots and a pair of Chaco's for only $70 (I know I already have chacos but you can never have too many...right?).

After REI I drove up Parley's canyon to the police shooting range for our Relief Society shooting activity. By far this was the best RS activity I have been to (even better than Gilgal which was pretty awesome). One of the guys from our ward is a firearms instructor and was nice enough to do some training with us and let us shot his super awesome guns. We got to shoot 5 hand guns including a 2 revolvers, shotgun and a 3 rifles.

(For those who know guns, this will make me even cooler)
Smith & Wesson 422, .22 LR
Glock G19, 9mm Para
Kimber 1911 Custom Classic, .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson 586, .38 Special
Smith & Wesson 617, .22 LR
Ruger 10-22, .22 LR
Colt AR-15, .223
Rock River AR-15, .223
Remington 870, 12 gauge

That was powerful (and I liked it)


I would just warn the boys to watch out. Don't be messing with my sisters cause they can shoot.


But wait the day continues. After shooting and a crazy hail storm I went slacklining. The weather cleared up long enough to go out for a couple hours. It was awesome and yes I am now ready to check off another goal on my list 26 for 26. Boo yeah! I walked all the way across the line, turned, walked back to the beginning and even got another turn in before falling off. So far this is one of my favorite goals to accomplish. I heart slacklining.
Never a bad time for standing tree pose even on a slackline.


Lastly, I was able to go to the Grizzlies game. It was opening weekend and we got tickets on the 3rd row right next to the team. There were some insane fights, helmet and gloves off type of fights. But the best part was the goalie's gold helmet. Every time he walked into the locker I screamed through the glass, "I like your helmet!" Sadly he didn't acknowledge my love for his helmet.
This fight was amazing, no gloves, no helmets.


And that my friends is this weekends adventures in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment