Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New List to Rock 27

I love lists as you have seen and yes I have created a new list for year 27. I am going about it a little different. This year I picked a theme and all my goals are centered around that theme. My goals are less concrete so they can evolve as the year progresses and my life changes, which it always does. 

Year 27 Theme = KNOWLEDGE

So maybe I developed a chip on my shoulder from having to go to resource as a child or maybe it is the fact that it never seems to be the right time for graduate school or maybe it is because I am surrounded by uber intelligent people who drove me to pick a knowledge theme.  But truthfully it is because I feel that we should always be striving to improve ourselves and to gain wisdom (and come on everything can be twisted to sound like it is in pursuit of knowledge).
So here it is.  The list that will rule my life or the next 12 months. 

  1. Learn a new “mommy” skill
  2. Take a class in a subject that interests me
  3. Develop a relationship with the library
  4. Design a personal scripture study program and use it
  5. Learn about nature
  6. Learn about my family 
  7. Gain a personal testimony of the temple & temple work
  8. Experience a different culture
  9. Teach someone a skill
  10. Pick up a new outdoor skill
  11. Understand the body and how it functions
  12. Expand a passion
  13. Research a topic that confuses me til I understand
  14. Be creative
  15. Improve grammar and spelling
  16. Acquire a new resume skill
  17. Expand a talent
  18. Learn from the past
  19. Develop a Christ like characteristic
  20. Explore my surroundings
  21. Challenge myself physically
  22. Participate in my community
  23. Share the gospel
  24. Record my experiences, thoughts and feelings
  25. Discover an old friend
  26. Serve in secret
  27. Develop a healthy habit

2 comments:

  1. I like this list. It is less concrete, yet challenging. I know you will do well with it. My birthday is coming up next week. I think I'll follow your example and set some goals for year 33. It's going to be a good year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, you are the most goal setting person I have ever met. I thank God (i.e., heavenly father) for you. Why don't you try #23 with one of your non-LDS friends (or acquaintances)? Who knows, maybe you will learn something that will chance your life forever?

    ReplyDelete