Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Birthday Report

Yesterday was my birthday which means I am no longer 26 which also means that it is time to report on my 26 for 26 goals.  Overall, the experience was good.  I didn't finish all my goals, but I learned a lot of about what type of goals I should set and how to stretch myself without overwhelming myself. 

So here is my report...
  1. Visit New Zealand and Australia - YEAH!  Did it... Sydney or New York & Flightless Birds
  2. Learn to play the guitar - I have been taking guitar lessons from Danny for the last 6 months.  I'm not great, but I know cords and I can play a few songs
  3. Learn to skateboard - My friends took me long boarding a few times last fall, it was a blast.  And actually I just had my first fall on the long board 2 weeks ago, so I think that makes it official... I board :)
  4. Get a new job - I started working for LACO Technologies last May Business Cards and Credit Cards
  5. Read all the conference talks (April & October 2009) - Finished both and learned some amazing truths
  6. Visit all the National Parks in Utah - I was able to visit 4 of 5 missing Capital Reef, I just didn't have enough time.
  7. Bike 2 Century Rides - I rode the MS ride in Logan Bikes and Butt Bruises and then the ULCER around Utah Lake I don't hate myself...promise
  8. Climb Mt Olympus, Mt Nebo & Lone Peak - Sadly I only hiked Mt Olympus, but if you count it I hiked Grandeur Peak on Saturday...nothing compare to Nebo or Lone, but give a girl a break she was busy.
  9. Hike Donut Falls - Done Did she say truck or trail
  10. Learn In Design & Illustrator - I wish
  11. Type Grandma Berger’s life story - Not yet, but I am using my tax return to buy a computer so I can finish this
  12. Read the Book of Mormon - Nightly!
  13. Hold a current temple recommend - I go to the temple once a week.  It is amazing how good it feels to get dunked.
  14. Have a meaningful relationship - It didn't last, but I wouldn't take it back.
  15. Conquer sleep - I am going to say yes.  I am much better at getting up even though I hate mornings.
  16. Read Jesus the Christ - Too big.  Too detailed.  I need to really study this so I am saving this for next year.
  17. Be able to do 5 pull ups without jumping - I can do 1 :)
  18. Be able to do 10 man push ups - I can do it and I'll prove it.
  19. Compete in a triathlon - My first tri was Salem Spring, Let's Tri
  20. Learn 10 new Hymns - :(
  21. Visit Gilgal Gardens - Yes and it was awesome. check, check, and half-check
  22. Go on 3 backpacking trips - Nada.  And the year before I went on so many, I thought this would be easy.  Do 2 overnight yurt trips count?
  23. Mountain bike slick rock  - I decided since I only got a mountain bike in Feb that it was ok to switch this to "Go Ice Climb" which I did...twice, and love it. rocking in ice 
  24. Cross slackline, turn and return without falling - One of my favorite goals.  I love to slackline and I was really proud of myself for accomplishing this goal. check, check, and half-check
  25. Give out 3 Book of Mormons (Arcadia) - I only gave out 1 this year while we were on our trip to AUS & NZ, but I have a couple people in mind and I am preparing to give them out.
  26. Read Preach My Gospel - I have been studying this with my scripture study, but still not finished.
Oh and if you didn't notice I am a dork and color coded the goals.  RED is completed, BLUE is partly completed, and PURPLE is HAHA I wish.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Annie! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with you! You are demonstrating why we should all set goals. You have accomplished so much and made your life more exciting in the process. Love it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete