Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday To ME! (Cali trip)

I am seating here trying to work on my photo final, realizing that I still have tons of pictures from my semester to post and also realizing that I have this post started and never finished for my California trip. So here goes...
I wanted to do something fun for my birthday this year, so what better way to celebrate then a road trip. My best friend Erika just moved to Mountain View in California to work for 3 months. I flew in to California for a little weekend bday trip.

  1. Seeing Erika. I love this girl. She is truly a kindred spirit. We have a lot of fun together. We can switch topics 20 times in a conversation, yet always come back to where we left off. Everyone needs a friend like Erika.
  2. Farmer's Market. I love just spending the day at the farmer's market and although here is Salt Lake we only get a few months of it, in Cali they have it almost year around. Reason to love California I'd say. I purchase some banana bread (I'm obsessed as Erika knows very well), strawberries, orange and raspberry sugared flavored almonds, and red potatoes (of which we made the most excellent Sunday dinner with).
  3. Love the flowers at the market
    Everyone is enjoying their Saturday morning
    Yummy
  4. Nature. We spent time in Golden Gate Park and taking a stroll around the "dish" (a hill nicknamed after the large satellite dishes living there).
  5. At Golden Gate Park
    My mom is a California girl, I took pictures of the palm trees cause they make her feel like home
    Conservatory of Flowers
    The DISH
    You can see for miles on the dish
  6. Stanford Theater. This was amazing. It was a fully restored movie theater where we watch "Lassie Come Home" the first Lassie movie. After which and old movie theater organ rose out of the stage and a talented organist began to dazzle us with classic movie tunes. This was the best suggestion I got for our trip. 
  7. Seriously cool
  8. Stanford Campus. Wow! It is beautiful. The Memorial Church is so pretty.
  9. "Rock of Ages." We decided to splurge for tickets to see this Broadway musical. The ticket salesman reminded us when we bought the tickets that the show would be a little racy. I figured we must look very innocent which made me giggle (little does he know). The show...hilarious. Not as risk-ay as the gentleman made me believe. Great classic rock and 80s tunes with a entertaining and very talented cast.
  10. Countless hours of talking. I'll say it again, everyone needs a friend like Erika.
  11. Other random things...

My first real job was at a Boston Market.
They aren't in UT anymore so whenever I find one I have to go
Order the Chicken Carver and get extra sauce

Cool used book store

No comments:

Post a Comment