Sunday, October 2, 2011

Capitol Reef and Delicious Food

After Brian and my crazy adventure at Yuba Lake we decided to drive down to Capitol Reef National Park for some hiking. Niether of us had been there and it was only 2 hours away. Besides we heard of this great restaurant we had to try.
It was super rainy, but it made for beautiful photos.



Ok. I will say one thing about Capitol Reef. It is a very overlooked National Park. Maybe it is because the landscape is very similar to Arches and Canyonlands and a bit more out of the way, but it was beautiful and very deserted. I loved it. I would like to go back another time and explore it more. We hiked 2 trails and didn't see a single person. Loved it.
Brian and the red rock

Nature inspires yoga
And with views like this you can get inspired a lot


Once we were fully famished (and we were hungry) we headed into Torrey for dinner at Cafe Diablo. Oh my was this place delicious. The food was go yummy and the presentation was so fun. I had to take photos of our meal. But of course you can expect the best from a place that was featured in "1,000 Places to See in the U.S.A. & Canada Before You Die." This place is legit.
We got 3 appetizers. I told you we were hungry.
Bottom left: Firecracker. Top left: Duck Mariach. Middle right: Rattlesnack Cakes

Brian's meal Twin Beef Tenderloin Steaks

My meal: Rubbed Atlantic Salmon
I would make that drive any day for the combination of great hiking in a beautiful location and dinner at one of my new favorite restaurants. Put these on your must visit list.

1 comment:

  1. They are both officially on my list as long as you are there too. :) Miss you

    ReplyDelete