Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lone Peak I curse your name

To your left, Provo. And to your right, SLC.
We are going all the way up there.
Last week my friend Tom and I hiked Lone Peak or at least we tried too. It probably wasn't a good idea for me to attempt a 6 mile climb over 5500 elevation feet gain without hiking more than a handful of times since May. Lesson learned. This was a slow painful hike and finally around noon I said..."I'm good. I think this is close enough." Yes, I didn't get to summit, but I think I am ok with that. I don't ever want to do that hike again. But knowing me, I probably will because despite the pain, it is one of the most beautiful hikes. You have spectacular views of Provo and Salt Lake valleys almost the entire hike. Lone Peak I shake my fist at you. I may be back again.
Oh and check it off my list...boo yeah!
My friend Tom was awesome and hiked with me.
This is when he was happy and not in pain.
Did I not tell you the views were amazing.
Tom while in the middle of singing an Aladdin song.
Oops Tom lost his head exploring the cave of wonders (sticking with a theme here).
Lunch time (that is the end of my lunch not the beginning by the way).
Tom graciously loaned me his glasses for the entire hike
Views of the Provo mountains
Cool tree root.
Oh Yeah! I am on a log.

Hail the conquering hero!
Love the rock in the area.
Skinny trees
We had cell service most of the hike...crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! How long of a hike is it? I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete