Thursday, October 20, 2011

Half way to 29

It was my half birthday this week and I didn't even celebrate...sad. But I guess that means it is time for a half way to 29, update on my 28 list post. So here goes.

Rockin' 28
  1. Build a bike
  2. Repair and refinish wardrobe
    The first step has been completed. The wardrobe has been moved to my parent's garage and my carpenter brother has assessed the repairs needed. 
  3. Visit Canada
  4. Visit Glacier National Park
  5. Visit Banff National Park
  6. Compete in 2 triathlons
    Done and Done. Check out details the Salem Tri and Camp Yuba Tri. I still find it entertaining that I got the exact same time.
  7. Compete in 2 bike races
    Couldn't have done this goal with my trust bike buddy Joni. We did the MS 150 in Logan and the ULCER in Lehi.
  8. Grow a garden
    One of my favorite goals thus far. I am really enjoying gardening. Things I have learned. I do much better with plants that grow above ground. Water is key to a good garden. Tomato plants will get out of control a lot. Check out my progress...from killing spiders to planting to eating.
  9. Enter my photography into a competition
  10. Read all the conference talks for April & October
    I just finished reading all the April Conference talks in prep for October. I re-learned so many great things. Love the words of the apostles and prophets. You should read them.
  11. Visit the temple twice a month
    I love to see the temple and I go there every month. It is a blessing to have so many temples close to me. It is sad how busy I make my life that it sometimes is hard to make it to the temple, but I am so grateful for my goals that help me keep motivated when life gets busy. The temple brings a lot of peace when I am so busy.
  12. Visit 4 new temples (previously never been to)
    My friend Marne and I went to the Jordan River temple a couple different times. Other temples on my list include Logan, St George and Provo.
  13. Start scholarship fund
  14. Sew one article of clothing
  15. Learn to use a map and compass (left over from 27)
  16. Hike Lone PeakDone and never doing it again. 
  17. Hike Mt. Nebo
  18. Read one book on Geology
  19. Post at least twice a month on this lovely blog
    What do you think?
  20. Go on 2 backpacking trips
  21. Share the gospel
    Not always successful, but I try
  22. Design a calendar of family and friend's birthdays
  23. Go to Spiral JettyI didn't actually get to see much of it, but I did go. That has to count for something.
  24. Float in the Great Salt Lake
  25. Take at least one class in a subject I am interested in
  26. Create at least 12 week-long meal plans
  27. Learn 12 new recipes
    Here are 2 recipes I have tried. I also made tomato pesto this week and found a recipe for Tomato Bacon Pasta (can you tell my garden was a tomato factory).
  28. Finish typing "Helen's" (aka Grandma Berger) life story

No comments:

Post a Comment