Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Not so campy Camp Yuba

Earlier this year I was overcome by the love for a good discount and signed up to do two triathlons (bulk discount). A couple weekends ago was the second of these tris, Camp Yuba organized by RaceTri. I was only slightly better prepared for this race. And I say only slightly because I did start training after the tri in June, but with some recent changes to my life (I got called to be the Relief Society President in my single's ward) I didn't work out for at least the month before the race. It wasn't a pretty race time, but I did at least as well as June. I got exactly the same time as the Salem tri...down to the second. Now that is talent.
I don't have any pictures of me racing at this event, but I do have an awesome story. Brian and I drove down to Gunnison Friday night to stay in a hotel so we wouldn't have to get up too early before the race. What we didn't know was that the side of the lake we were staying near was not the side the tri would be raced on. So after sleeping in longer than we planned we got in the car and drove to the lake where we discovered we were not on the correct side. We hurried to the other side of the lake, grabbed our race packets and got our numbers painted on our legs and arms and immediately after we put our bikes down the race horn was signaling the start of the race. Now that is one way to start a race. Not the most ideal situation, but we did it. And thus completes #6 of THE LIST. I promise I do do things outside this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment