Monday, June 22, 2009

Business Cards and Credit Cards

I started a new job about a month ago. You are now looking at the Marketing Manager for LACO Technologies. This new job comes with a few perks; job title and pay increase, my own office (no windows yet, but at least I have four walls, a door and a ceiling), business cards and a company credit card. Yes that is right they are entrusting me with a company credit card.
Last week I ordered some new design software for the company. When I went to my boss to grab his company credit card he informed me that they had ordered me a company card so I could use it for these type of purchases. It is official, I have now entered the world of the professional businessman (really more like business woman).

Below I have included a comprehensive list of what this credit cards means.
  1. They aren't going to fire (at least not anytime soon).

  2. I have fooled them into believing that I know what I am doing.

  3. They believe me to be trusted with money. (No laughing, I think this is probably true.)

  4. I don't have to walk into my boss's office like a teenager asking for money from dad every time I have to order supplies.

  5. They take me seriously.

Now don't get any funny ideas, I will not be taking anyone out to lunch on the company tab. I take my new responsibilities very serious. Once my new leather couches get here there will be no more spending :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Annie! You are so official. The business card is really cool.

    ReplyDelete