Thursday, June 24, 2010

Get Your Art On - Utah Arts Festival

 Event Notice
Utah Arts Festival - Starts Tonight
Dates: Thursday, June 24 - Sunday, June 27
Time: Noon to 11PM daily


Oh Joy!  I love the Utah Arts Festival.  The first year I really remember hearing about the arts festival (I mean really remember it) was 7 years ago.  My brother-in-law was part of the "Brew Crew" (Yes, that is the beer guys) and my sister was talking about getting tickets for free.  Sadly, it took me a few more years to attend.

My first festival experience:
A few years back a friend of mine had worked on a film that was participating in the short film contest held at the arts festival.  We ate great ethnic food, we watched creative short films and we strolled the booths.  It was such a great evening it was hard to not come back every night.  A year later I attended to see a free concert. 

The Utah Arts Festival has something for everyone (unless you are one of those people who is never happy with anything).  There is great music, films, food, art and crafts.  You can really make the UAF whatever you would like.  Usually, I attend for the food, it is my favorite part.  I love eating ethnic food.  There are rows of food vendors there with every variety of food you could imagine.  I recommend going with a group and each sampling something different.

Located at Library Square, the festival covers the area from 300 East to the City & County Bldg and from 400 South to 500 South.
Not Free!  Check out link below to see ticket prices.  But don't forget to look around discounts.  You can get $2 off for riding your bike.  This year the UAF held a concert the week before (CAKE! was incredible) and gave out 2 for 1 vouchers.


Art courtesy UAF website (Leia Bell)

Every year the UAF picks an artist to design the art for the festival.  This years artwork was provided by Leia Bell.  Along with her art for the UAF she does most of the concert posters for Kilby Court.  I love what she did for the arts festival, each image is a different landscape of Utah.  Check out Leia Bell's work.

More details of the Utah Arts Festival complete with booth and concert info -  http://www.uaf.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment