Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Art Project #6 - Related Arcs

I can't draw.  I think I may have mentioned this before - Here and sort of here (the reason for the tears).   So when my professor presented our sixth design project I instantly panicked.  Related arcs.  This project was basically drawing.  I thought this was a design class not a drawing class. 
sorry for the poor photo quality, I snapped this with my phone

We had to draw 30 thumbnails - 10 animals, 10 birds and 10 human figures.  HUMANS!  What! Aren't those like the hardest thing to draw. I won't say there were tears, but almost tears. It was the big welling up of the eyes, but no actual release of a tear (quite proud of myself for sort of holding it together). 
I had a terrible time working on this project. I spent extra time talking to the professor asking him more questions on related arcs (his first instruction was pretty vague).  I started to get it a little more with each object I would draw, but still lacking translating my brainwaves thru my hand onto paper.  Here is how things work for me.  I am not a masterful drawer.  I can't just seat down and draw something that people will recognize.  So I usually look up pictures on the WWW of what I want to draw (in their simplest format) and basically copy them.  This is how I proceeded with this project as well.  And I saved the worst for last, human figures. I was lucky to find some drawings online that I could reference and surprise I was able to make some half decent looking human figures.  Decent in the sense that they are not planes that look like whales.  I was so surprised and slightly proud of myself that even though it might not be my best drawing, I turned in my human figure drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment