Monday, May 2, 2011

Is it too much to ask for no spiders?

I can handle a lot of crawling things, worms, babies, potato bugs, ants, but not spiders. I hate spiders. Is it really too much to ask that there be no spiders in my garden?
Today, when I got home from work I decided to spend the beautiful sun-shinny day pulling weeds. Let's call it weed relocation. I relocated the weeds from my flower boxes (soon to be garden specular) to first the stairs, then to the compost trash bin. And while doing this I encountered what I deem too many spiders (at least 5 creepy critters). They just scamper across the dirt and rocks so quickly I freak out every time. I left most of them alone, but there was one really big one that I just couldn't let live in my garden. Thank goodness for gardening gloves.

Here is the transplanting/relocation action.

Transplanted my weeds from here


To here




Til finally it looks like this



Now to re-terrace, add good soil, build drip watering system (all those years at Orbit Irrigation are going to come in handy) and plant. This is a great start for my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment