Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's play in the dark...room

By far my favorite part of my photography class was the darkroom. It was a little nerve racking at the end of the semester not knowing if the darkroom would be completed in time, but we were lucky enough to get 2 weeks to play in the darkroom. And I was going to take full advantage of it.
First we did photograms. These are...well let's just quote Wikipedia
"photogram is a photographic image made without a camera by placing objects directly onto the surface of a photo-sensitive material such as photographic paper and then exposing it to light. The result is a negative shadow image varying in tone, depending on the transparency of the objects used. Areas of the paper that have received no light appear white; those exposed through transparent or semi-transparent objects appear grey.[1] "
I really loved my first photogram (one on the left).
After that I developed a few photos.
I really like the image on the right. I used some of the negative on the right to help frame the image.
You are seeing everything of the image, no cropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment