Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update on THE LIST

Seeing as my half birthday is only a couple weeks away I thought it would be good to give an update on my progress thus far in my yearly list. 
Here is THE LIST
  1. Learn a new “mommy” skillI asked my sisters, sister-in-laws and my mom for their help with this goal.  Some of them said it was one the job training, others offered to teach me things we shall not share here, but mostly I haven't done much.  My sister Kelly has been sharing fast reciepes I can cook for myself or a family.
  2. Take a class in a subject that interests me - I want to take an interior design class, but with limited time to take classes just for fun now that I am actually in school for real I am counting my design classes because I am interested in all of them.
  3. Develop a relationship with the libraryNot too shabby.  I have checked out a few books, but I am also using friends as a library.  I haven't purchased new books (besides my textbooks) since April.
  4. Design a personal scripture study program and use it - My plan is to do an hour of study every Sunday morning and 15 minutes daily.  Not so great at keeping up with it, but as all things it is a work in progress.
  5. Learn about nature - I would like to learn more about geology.  Nothing done yet unless you count the little booklet I picked up in Bryce earlier this year.
  6. Learn about my family - I just bought my first ever computer and one of my first plans is to finish typing my Grandma Berger's life story.
  7. Gain a personal testimony of the temple & temple work - I made the decision in July to attend the temple to receive ordainces for myself.  It was an amazing experience and I am so happy.  I am currently finishing "The Holy Temple" as part of my church study and I have been attending the temple at least twice a month.
  8. Experience a different culture - Any ideas?
  9. Teach someone a skill - I taught Talena how to set up a slackline for her family reunion. 
  10. Pick up a new outdoor skill - Marne is going to teach me how to use a map and compass.  I'm old school
  11. Understand the body and how it functions - Want to learn more about nutrition
  12. Expand a passion - I have a photography project planned, but waiting to purchase a new camera.
  13. Research a topic that confuses me til I understand - Computers!  I just purchased my computer and I spent a lot of time talking with my computer smart friends about the components and hardware.  I still think I need some additional study, but I think I get it.
  14. Be creative - I am doing more crafts.  I made a easter door decoration, created a necklace frame (still needs to be completed) and I attemped to make cork covered containers.
  15. Improve grammar and spelling - I am creating a spelling list.  I follow a grammer blog. Talena loaned me a grammer book.  And Lindsey (see #25) is going to be my teacher.
  16. Acquire a new resume skill - I think I have this covered.  I am taking 2 classes at SLCC; Design & InDesign.  I love them both and I'm learning a lot.
  17. Expand a talent - Learn 10 new songs on the piano and/or guitar
  18. Learn from the past - Improve my communication skills
  19. Develop a Christ like characteristic - Oh I have a list of charachteristics of who I want to become.  Now to narrow down the list and get to work.
  20. Explore my surroundings - Explore downtown SLC.
  21. Challenge myself physically - Maybe a marathon since last year's didn't work out.
  22. Participate in my community - Not sure what to do yet.
  23. Share the gospel - I don't shy away from sharing my testimony as much as I used to and I have given the BofM to 2 people I work with.  I hope they have read it and felt the Spirit.
  24. Record my experiences, thoughts and feelings - I am horrible at keeping a journal.  I have started and stopped many times in my life and even after setting this goal I have been struggling.  This is a work in progress.  But the goal is to write at least once a month. (And yes I know the blog could count, but I want a little more detail).
  25. Discover an old friendI have been going to lunch with my old roommates, Marne & Lindsey once a month.  And I recently started a penpal with my friend Melina. (we have been friends since we were 5).  I have great friends and getting to spend time with these ladies again is so fun.
  26. Serve in secret - I can't tell you then it wouldn't be a secret.
  27. Develop a healthy habit - Not sure what habit I should start

No comments:

Post a Comment